In a world of increasing uncertainty it is vital that managers within the tourism industry are equipped with superior decision making skills and expertise necessary to deal with crisis conditions.
Tourism Crises provides an effective synthesis of crisis management and tourism research with a solid theoretical foundation. It examines the principles and practices of crisis management within the context of tourism as a multi-sector industry. Using up to date international case studies, it tackles the following areas:
- Political disturbance: the relationship between politics and tourism and political inspired tourism crises.
- Social unrest: host-guest relations and tourists as targets of unrest
- Economic instability: crises arising from fluctuating exchange rates and lack of investor confidence
- Environmental conditions: natural disasters and health crises
- Technological crises; transport accidents and crises arising from technical failure
- Corporate crises. Human resource issues and questions of finance
With a user-friendly learning structure, each chapter will assess the presence of and tendency towards particular types of crisis, supported by a series of examples and cases, which describe organisational situations, challenges and responses. Approaches to managing crises will be assessed and appropriate tools and techniques of crisis management are explored, enabling readers to gain an insight into this critical aspect of tourism decision making and equipping them with the skills and expertise necessary to deal with crisis conditions.
In contrast to Amazon and other book retailers
who might also feature Managing Tourism Crises within their extensive online inventories,
our focus at BulkBooks.com is on dealing with bulk orders while providing personalized service.
With our amazing team of friendly professionals, Price Matching, and our user-friendly Quote form
we aim to simplify and expedite your bulk book purchasing process.
Should you wish to interact with a person while placing your bulk order for Managing Tourism Crises?
We have a Bulk Book Specialist available to help, poised and prepared to assist you.
Contact us now!