- [#<Spree::Image id: 2592989, viewable_id: 1786643, viewable_type: "Spree::Variant", attachment_width: nil, attachment_height: nil, attachment_file_size: nil, position: 1, attachment_content_type: nil, attachment_file_name: nil, type: "Spree::Image", attachment_updated_at: nil, alt: nil, created_at: "2020-06-05 11:13:57", updated_at: "2020-06-05 11:13:57">, #<Spree::Image id: 2592990, viewable_id: 1786651, viewable_type: "Spree::Variant", attachment_width: nil, attachment_height: nil, attachment_file_size: nil, position: 3, attachment_content_type: nil, attachment_file_name: nil, type: "Spree::Image", attachment_updated_at: nil, alt: nil, created_at: "2020-06-05 11:13:58", updated_at: "2020-06-05 11:13:58">]
The Little Book of Hygge
by Meik Wiking
Minimum Order Quantity: 25
Free Domestic Ground Shipping on All Orders Over $100
New York Times Bestseller
Embrace Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) and become happier with this definitive guide to the Danish philosophy of comfort, togetherness, and well-being.
Why are Danes the happiest people in the world? The answer, says Meik Wiking, CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen, is Hygge. Loosely translated, Hygge--pronounced Hoo-ga--is a sense of comfort, togetherness, and well-being. Hygge is about an atmosphere and an experience, Wiking explains. It is about being with the people we love. A feeling of home. A feeling that we are safe.
Hygge is the sensation you get when you're cuddled up on a sofa, in cozy socks under a soft throw, during a storm. It's that feeling when you're sharing comfort food and easy conversation with loved ones at a candlelit table. It is the warmth of morning light shining just right on a crisp blue-sky day.
The Little Book of Hygge introduces you to this cornerstone of Danish life, and offers advice and ideas on incorporating it into your own life, such as:
- Get comfy. Take a break.
- Be here now. Turn off the phones.
- Turn down the lights. Bring out the candles.
- Build relationships. Spend time with your tribe.
- Give yourself a break from the demands of healthy living. Cake is most definitely Hygge.
- Live life today, like there is no coffee tomorrow.
From picking the right lighting to organizing a Hygge get-together to dressing hygge, Wiking shows you how to experience more joy and contentment the Danish way.