- [#<Spree::Image id: 2262791, viewable_id: 2335600, viewable_type: "Spree::Variant", attachment_width: nil, attachment_height: nil, attachment_file_size: nil, position: 1, attachment_content_type: nil, attachment_file_name: nil, type: "Spree::Image", attachment_updated_at: nil, alt: "", created_at: "2020-06-03 07:48:52", updated_at: "2020-06-03 07:51:02">, #<Spree::Image id: 3863743, viewable_id: 2335610, viewable_type: "Spree::Variant", attachment_width: nil, attachment_height: nil, attachment_file_size: nil, position: 1, attachment_content_type: nil, attachment_file_name: nil, type: "Spree::Image", attachment_updated_at: nil, alt: "", created_at: "2022-11-03 18:52:33", updated_at: "2022-11-03 18:52:33">]
Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck
by Jon Acuff
Minimum Order Quantity: 25
Free Domestic Ground Shipping on All Orders Over $100
It took me sixteen years to write this book. That breaks down to a brisk twelve words per day. But it wasn’t the writing that took so long. . . . It was the working.
I had to work at big companies and small companies. I had to get hired and fired several times. I had to find my dream job, then walk away from it. But after all that, I can now say the following with absolute certainty:
You already have everything you need for an amazing career. In fact, you’ve had it since day one.
Starting on the first day you got paid to scoop ice cream or restock shelves, you’ve had the chance to develop the four elements all great careers have in common: relationships, skills, character, and hustle. You already have each of those, to one degree or another.
Now it’s time to amplify them and apply them in a new way, creating a Career Savings Account™. This unique approach will give you the power to call a Do Over—whether you’re twenty-two, forty-two, or sixty-two. You’ll have the resources to reinvent your work and get unstuck. You’ll even rescue your Mondays as you discover how to work toward the job you’ve always wanted!
Just as a bank account protects you during a financial crunch, a Career Savings Account™ protects you during a career crunch. You need a CSA because you’ll eventually face at least one of these major transitions:
• You will hit a Career Ceiling and get stuck, requiring sharp skills to free yourself.
• You will experience a Career Bump and unexpectedly lose your job, requiring strong relationships to survive.
• You will make a Career Jump to a new role, requiring solid character to push through uncertainty and chaos.
• You will get a surprise Career Opportunity, requiring dedicated hustle to take advantage of it.
It took me sixteen years to figure out how to call a Do Over on my career. Please don’t wait sixteen more seconds before starting yours.
A consultant, public speaker and best-selling author describes how to make career changes and to avoid feeling trapped in the wrong job by changing the way workers view their skills, relationships and work ethics through the use of a Career Savings Account.